History

lakeside market 2

Located in Youngstown, NY along the southwest shore of Lake Ontario, originally Named Tower’s Market, the stand was built in 1955 by David Tower’s grandparents, John and Margaret Tower. The existing concrete floor was created using the gravel bed from Lake Ontario. Opened as a true market, they sold everything from candy, cigarettes, milk and meats as well as fresh fruits, vegetables, chickens and eggs from our farm.  They remained in business until the late 1980’s.